Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Proverbs 29:18


Proverbs 29:18 states "Where there is no vision, the people perish". This post I will focus on Visions. Last year, I created a vision board that showed long term and short term goals of mine. Some of my long term goals would be marriage, opening up a bakery and starting a fashion blog. Some of my short term goals included: graduating from College, becoming a mentor to high school students, etc. Below is my first vision board ever created.


The top left explains the "fashionista" in me. Staying up to date with fashion. The bottom left is my dream to travel around the world. I have "road trip" (my t.v is in the way). On the left of Road Trip it's Dallas, New Orleans, New York and Denver. Mid way you see "recipes", "sweet somethings" and pictures of whoopee pies, peach cobbler and cherry pie. Baking is my specialty, hence the beignet post. In my dreams I will open a bakery. I would love to have timeless beauty, all the celebrities pictured look younger than there age (Meagan Good is 33 years Old, Tia and Tamera Mowry are 36 years old- they look Gawgeous, Vanessa Williams is 51 years old). So you get my point!! The top right of my vision board explains how strong I want my faith to become. I want to live stress free with no worries trusting that God will make a way out of no way. Above the timeless beauties is Gabrielle Union- D.Wade and Lala-Carmelo Anthony. I love their love if that makes sense. Bottom Right is my goal to become and stay Healthy, starting with eating healthy.

Do you have a vision board? I suggest you make one. In Joel Osteen's new book "You Can You Will" he speaks on always keeping your vision in front of you. Below I have some excerpts from his book.

"I’ve found that whatever your vision is, God will supersize it. He will do more than you can ask or think. "  


"Every time he sees it, he’s moving toward his goal. It reminds him of what he’s dreaming about. If 
you’re single and you want to get married, put an empty photo album on your table. That’s where you’re 
going to put your wedding photos. When you see it, you’re moving toward it."


"Are you believing for a child? Go buy a baby’s outfit and hang it in your closet where you can see it every 
day. Keep your vision in front of you. A friend of mine who wanted a child decorated her whole baby’s 
room, bought the bed and the stroller, spent all this time, money, and energy.
Her friends thought she was a little far out, preparing a baby’s room with no." 



"Keep your vision in front of you"
Until next time
- Southern Inspired Belle


No comments:

Post a Comment