Monday, October 13, 2014

My Weekend!


THE WEEKEND :)

This weekend was quit fun and exciting. On Saturday I went to church to help bake for the Bake Sale. Cupcakes, Caramel Apples, Pecan Candy and Mini Bunt Cakes were all on the menu. I enjoyed decorating the cupcakes, here are a few I did.

(The green icing is Key Lime flavored. The purple icing is Vanilla Flavored. The orange icing is Orange Flavored.) Yummy!!!

The next thing on the agenda was Family Reunion Meeting which was a success. I love hanging out with Family, it really brings me joy. My family doesn't get together often (unless it's a Funeral, unfortunately). However when we do it's like we didn't miss a beat. This year we have a twist to our reunion. Usually the family gets together in our hometown in Louisiana but this year we decided to move around and actually rent out a Lodge. I'm very excited and can't wait. 


On Sunday, I went to church with my mom. Afterward we ate with a relative visiting from out of town. I got a call from my party planner who did my graduation party. He needed some help with a wedding later that evening, and because I was already in the area it worked out just fine. I wish I had pictures to show but I didn't take any.

On the menu for Sunday dinner was Street Tacos;



Here's the recipe.

Ingredients
Cilantro
Charro Beans
Corn Tortillas
Feta Cheese
Corn on the Cob
Avocado
Rotisserie Chicken Strips
Red Onion


1. Take the chicken out of the bag and place in a skillet on the stove. The chicken is already cooked so warm it until you think it's ready. In the same pot, Slice the red onion and grill it.

2. In a pot, warm up your charro beans.

3. Slice the Corn on the cob and place in a mini skillet, add about a hand full of feta cheese and warm for about 7 minutes.

4. Fry the Tortilla on each side for 2 minutes. ( Place a teaspoon of olive oil in the skillet for each tortilla).

5. On the side in a paper plate, slice up the avacado, cilantro and feta cheese. 


Make your taco and ENJOY!!!!






Until Next Time
-Southern Inspired Belle :)


No comments:

Post a Comment